Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Vista? Should I downgrade to XP?

Many of my clients have purchased new laptops that has Vista preloaded on it. Many of you have software that is not up to speed with Vista. Should you downgrade or try to get your software up to speed?

Here are my thoughts...
I have been using Vista since last January. Yes, Vista is buggy and does things that really bother me. I am also a technician and can fix my own problems (and enjoy trying to fix those problems:). You the customer...can usually only get so far until you decide it's not worth using Vista.

First thing you may want to consider is making a list of problems are you experiencing since the upgrade to Vista. Some problems are just "configuration issues" that I can assist with. Some problems are seriously the Vista operating system and you may need to go back to XP if your work depends on it.

Second thing is check to make sure that your software is Vista ready. Even though it installs (usually you will get an error during installation that tells you if it's not Vista ready) it may need to be updated on the company website. Check with the software company website and verify. You also may need what is called "a patch" to make it work on Vista. You can also google the issue and see if others on the net are experiencing the same issues.

Third thing is Call That Girl (612-865-4475) for a phone consultation. I do offer short conversations for free to give you an idea if you should consider staying on Vista or downgrading back to XP. If a home visit is required, we can discuss that. I can also assist via the phone if need be.

Please post comments or questions about Vista! thanks and...

Have a good Wed!

Lisa